Rules & Calendar of Events (Preliminary)
Tournament Director – all correspondence to:
The Great Pub Fishing Competition, PO Box 107 Hamilton NSW 2303
Ph: 0402 439 310
Dom Grundy – Event Director
Tony Poole – Fishing Convenor
The Station – The Locker Room @ the Station, cnr Watt and Scott Streets Newcastle NSW 2300
Entry, Angler & Fish Eligibility:
- Entry is open to members of the public over 18 years of age at tournament time agreeing to be bound by the Tournament Rules and is restricted to members of a pub or club social fishing club.
- Only fish caught by entered eligible anglers will be eligible for points and prizes.
- To be eligible for points, an Angler must hook, strike, fight, and bring the fish to be netted without assistance including anyone else touching the rod or reel.
- Fishing is allowed from legally publicly accessible foreshores and vessels.
- The fish must be caught during tournament time and within tournament boundaries.
Entry Fees 2022:
- $85 per Angler
- This fee may include food and refreshments as may be provided by the organisers.
- Online entries accepted up until 1700hrs Monday 7th February 2022.
- A late-entry fee may be charged for entries received after these dates. The late entry fee is $170 per Angler
Anglers will have the opportunity to amass points as per the rules for Pub Team Prizes by registering their Team as part of the entry process. Teams will have a maximum of 4 members per Team. Each Pub or Club may have any number of teams.
3rd Party Property insurance at a minimum is required for all competing vessels. Policy proof is required. Valid and current Policy details must be provided as part of each entry. Club Marine is our preferred insurer.
- Angler ID cards (to be collected at registration) must be presented to any Tournament Official on request and prior to any fish weigh in or prize claim or for any other claim such as food or refreshments as may be provided.
- Anglers must be present and produce their own Angler ID card to be eligible for any Lucky Draw Prizes.
- Secondary proof of ID may be requested for any prize collections.
- All Anglers must comply with the relevant NSW Maritime safety regulations current at Tournament time.
Details at maritime.nsw.gov.au. All shore-based anglers must also comply with any statutory rules.
- Boat and crew safety is the responsibility of the skipper of the vessel.
- The decision to enter, compete, and fish is the decision of the competitors.
- Fishing may be cancelled at any time at the Organiser’s discretion.
Fishing Area & Marine Parks:
- Boats must be launched and retrieved or moored within Newcastle Harbour.
- The fishing boundary is within a 15km radius from Tournament Base. Fish caught outside these boundaries are not eligible. A map is available at pubfishingcomp.com.au
- Marine Park boundaries and usage regulations must be obeyed. Details at mpa.nsw.gov.au.
Anglers must hold relevant and current fishing licenses, permits, etc as may be required by NSW Laws. Details at dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries.
NSW Fisheries Laws.
All anglers must abide by current NSW Fisheries Laws. Please visit dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries for the latest statutory species and bag limits.
Prior to starting fishing, intending entrants MUST check & register their attendance at the Official Tent at Tournament Base. Prepaid Tournament T-shirts and Caps will be available at Registration.